Military Spouses – Career Boot Camp
Contact: (970) 279-1323
Service Area: Nationwide
Serving: Military Spouses
Description: At Challenge America, they believe the issue of military spouse employment has been ignored for far too long. Based on previous research, we know that 9 out of 10 military spouses want to work yet are either unemployed or underemployed. To address this issue, this fall they are partnering with Inner Compass Coach to launch a free on-line course to give military spouses the tools they need to secure a satisfying career that fits their work-life balance.
Their unique program offers several hours of free career counseling services with a certified career counselor. Topics for these discussions include the following:
• Self-Exploration: Participants will take easy career assessments and participate in the Career Lifeline exercise which will help them learn more about their strengths, passions, and skills.
• Educational and Career Research: Participants will explore potential careers and educational programs based on their strengths, skills, and passions.
• Informational Interviewing Skills: Participants will learn and practice basic informational interviewing skills to help them gain information on potential careers and to tap the hidden job market.
• Road Map: Participants will create a road map of next steps including reaching out to professionals in fields of interest.
• Job Search Strategies: Participants will learn a variety of job search strategies and resources to help them find employment.
• Job Interview Skills: Participants will learn basic job interview skills