Voices of Valor
Veterans – Music Therapy
Contact: (908) 322-6300
Service Area: NJ
Description: [Located in Scotch Plains, NJ]
A unique opportunity for veterans to work with songwriters to create a song based on your experiences and reflecting who you are - no musical experience required!
• If you are a Veteran, and like music, you are a candidate to participate in the Voices of Valor program. You do not need to audition, you do not need to play an instrument, and you do not need to be a good singer.
• You only need a sense of adventure, a sense of humor, and a desire to join other veterans for an exciting group songwriting experience.
• Voices of Valor runs for eight sessions, and you can attend the first session before deciding if you want to commit to the program.
• There is no cost for participating. All funds are covered by grants.
• You will have a chance to record your group song in a professional studio.
• The final session is a CD Release Party for your group, and friends and family.
• The group is led by two professional musicians, who will help take your ideas and help you turn them into a finished group song.